Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fondant Cupcake Toppers with MimiCafe Union!

Yesterday I headed into Manhattan for the best day ever!  
I boarded the train from Long Island and headed to Madison Avenue where I took a class with Sachiko from MimiCafe Union!  Sachiko is an extremely talented artist that makes the most adorable figures out of fondant!  I usually shy away from making characters for my cakes and cupcakes.  In the past they always turned out too chubby or cross eyed or otherwise wonky.  Sachiko taught me to make an adorable set of wedding figures!  I love the way they turned out and it has given me the confidence to make them more often.  It was great fun, so inspirational and I learned so much!  
If you are ever in NYC I highly recommend taking this class!  
MimiCafe Union can also be found on Facebook:  mimicafe Union@New York. 
Please head over to her page and check out all of her adorable creations!  
While you're there please tell her I said hello!!  :)
Sachiko and Loren at MimiUnion Cafe in New York City!
Sachiko's studio on Madison Avenue


































Thank you Sachiko!





No comments:

Post a Comment