Saturday, May 18, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Cake!

Pink Lemonade Cake and Lemon Cake with Raspberry Buttercream Filling
Fondant Decoration and Fondant Finish!








I found this design on Pinterest with no link back to the original designer. 
If this cake looks familiar to you or it is your design, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due! Normally I would ask permission to replicate a design, my apologies for doing things a little backwards! 


UPDATE!!!!!  (May 13, 2014)  I found the original designer (actually she found me)!!!  
This design was created by the UBER talented Christine Jeohn, 
Owner & Cake Designer of Cakes By Christine NY.  

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/CakesByChristineNY

Thank you Christine!!

Happy Baking!

3 comments:

  1. A very cute cake! I just made a similar sun topper for a cake,I'am making. It is a 7". Styro ball, but after all decorated I thought I should have sliced a piece off the bottom of the sphere so it lays flat on the cake. Did you do that with your cake? I hope I don't have problems when I stack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My sun was made of cake so the weight flattened the bottom naturally. I would be sure to put a center dowel through all layers for stability.

    ReplyDelete