Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Virtual Surprise Book Release Party for The Decorated Cookie

Today is a very special day! 
Run, don't walk to your nearest bookstore because today "Sugarlicious" by Meaghan Mountford has been released!  You know Meaghan...the woman behind one of my favorite blogs, The Decorated Cookie.  She is the genius that first came up with the melted snowman cookie and all those cute little hand-decorated marshmallows - Adorable!

We've been hearing a lot about "Sugarlicious" and I can't wait to pick up my copy!
 It is a fabulous how-to book for creating beautiful edible crafts!  There are 50 ideas for crafting cookies, marshmallows, cupcakes, cake pops, cakes, petits fours and candy clay for parties, holidays, special occasions and just for fun!
Head over to Meaghan's blog The Decorated Cookie for all the wonderful details!
To help our friend celebrate, a bunch of us cookie/cake bloggers decided to get together and throw Meaghan a virtual, surprise book release party!  I'm bringing the cake!  Well, it's sorta a Valentine's Day cake and Virtual Book Release Party cake combo, but it conveys the same message: 
We love you Meaghan and we wish you
the best of luck with your new book!
Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration!!


 
Head over to these wonderful sites to check out the rest of the party!!
Jenn of Clever Girl
Trisha of Sweetology


Have a "Sugarlicious" Day!!

6 comments:

  1. Meaghan is going to love this cake full of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake is gorgeous! Fitting for such a wonderful person like Meaghan! Your fondant work always looks so smooth and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'RE AMAZING!!! I'm currently writing up the longest blog post ever to celebrate what you all have done for me today. You have no idea how much joy you just brought me. I was so shocked, and this couldn't have been a more perfect surprise. Also, I wish I had your cake skills!! You'll hear more from me soon, but in the meantime THANK YOU! a million times thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, this cake is to die for, adorable. I just want to kiss that little teddy bear. Thank you so much for posting for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of your guys to throw Meaghan a party...I love it!!!

    Your cake is just darling! Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loren, What a BEAUTIFUL cake you made for Meaghan! Love it! You are so darn talented!

    ReplyDelete