Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm a Soccer Mom!

So I have to take a moment to brag about my sweet little boy Ryan (4 years old).  This morning we had Ryan's 3rd soccer game of the season and guess what??  He scored not one, not two, but SIX goals today!!!  I am so very proud of him!  This is his second season playing soccer and he has always been not so interested in playing.  I mean, he runs after the ball (always at the back of the pack), rarely even gets a toe on the ball and is more interested in picking dandelions on the field.  Today he was a different kid.  Someone lit a fire under him!  He had the eye of the tiger!  After every goal both his Daddy and I would run on the field and pick him up and high five him.  The other parents cheered him on.  I don't have a voice left. 
It was a great day! 

In honor of this special day, I let Ryan help me make some cupcakes.  He tried so hard to make them look like mine, but he had to add his own special touch:  a sugar soccer ball.  Here is the end result:


Look at him work that piping bag! 


Perfection!

Happy Baking!

10 comments:

  1. How awesome is that! I love his hat and apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! His cupcake are cute and your post is awesome!!! It brought back memories of me with my sons during their T-ball and baseball years. I, too, bake alot and LOVE your blog and FB page. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to your tutorial. I am Dee from California

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Ryan! Great looking cupcakes too and awesome job at soccer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Ryan! He looks adorable with his hat and apron - and so proud of those great cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cupcakes, Ryan! Psst...love your hat & apron ; )
    Mrs. Barton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Райън,страхотен си!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Ryan! Six goals! AND you decorate your cupcakes JUST like your mom. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! I AM SO PROUD...GOOOOO BOY!! The future CAKEm BOSS!!!
    Love Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little boys have to be the cutest thing in the world (I know I'm biased since I have 2). There's nothing sweeter than a little man with a great big proud smile showing what he's created. My heart is melting!

    ReplyDelete