Friday, November 19, 2010

Dream Kitchen Design

So it has been a few weeks since I announced that we have purchased a new home and I've been busy, busy, busy organizing, packing and picking out new carpet and paint for our new house!  That has been the easy and fun part.  But I'm kind of stuck with something.  The kitchen.  I just can't make up my mind.  We need new cabinets, new granite and new appliances.  It's all a little overwhelming.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  There are just so many decisions to make and it doesn't help that my darling hubby and I have totally different tastes.  He's a bit conservative and likes a contemporary design with dark woods.  As for me, I'm more traditional...this is what I like:


Imagine the cookies I could make on that island!!



What does your dream kitchen look like? 

Next, I'm off to search for new couches and a coffee table for the living room.......... :o)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats for moving in new house! And you made so many gorgeous and pretty cakes and cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I want one of those country jobs...I want a wooden butcher block with red...wooden floors, YOu shouldn't have asked, LOL! The list goes on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the move~!
    I love all your kitchen choices, especially the wood top on the island, it adds the warmth to the place, but from the practical point of few granite is perfect for tempering chocolate.;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love islands! I am a crisp clean kitchen kinda gal. White cabinets, stone countertops, dark wood floors with tons of counter space, a professional oven/range and splashes of color throughout! Too bad my 4x8 foot kitchen has none of this but the splashes of color :) Congrats Loren, cant wait to see what you choose

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the first kitchen picture you posted, I love open bright spaces and plenty of room for cakes! and cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suddenly had a cookie of the day idea for you! Had to do with your grandma's favorite beverage! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kitchens are lovely and even though it is exciting, with so many options it can get overwhelming. Follow your heart and make it a place that makes you smile even when there is flour and sugar all over the counter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all. My kitchen has all one color cabinets and so I would pick one that has several different woods and colors.
    Follow your heart and make it a kitchen that makes you smile even when it has flour and sugar on the counters. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although kitchens are really sharp and additive, Which consider epic cabinets ,appliance and design. I like most second one which You have renovated at island.

    ReplyDelete