Friday, March 5, 2010

Chocolate Truffle Cake


I actually made this cake for Valentine's Day last year, but I received a few requests for my truffle recipe recently. These are very rich and decadent - definitely for the chocolate lover!

Chocolate Truffles

2 1/2 packages (20 squares) of semi-sweet chocolate (I used Baker's)
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
Cocoa powder (optional)

Melt 8 chocolate squares. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm. Shape into 36 balls. Place on waxed covered baking sheet. Melt remaining chocolate. Use fork to dip truffles and return to baking sheet. Roll some in walnuts or cocoa powder. Refrigerate for one hour.
To make the "swirl" - combine 1/4 cup of confectioner's sugar and a few drops of water until stiff. Put in a piping bag fitted with #2 tip.

ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment